The Editing Edge provides quality online editing and proofreading to individuals and organisations to make your work consistent, clear and succinct, whilst retaining your authentic voice.
Whether you are looking for proofreading or more substantial editing, I can help!
I understand that editing and proofreading can be daunting processes, but I will work WITH you to produce your best work possible.
I work with a range of written material and cater to the needs of:
- individuals/self-publishers: personal CVs, letters, websites, fiction and non-fiction manuscripts
- businesses/organisations: reports, brochures, newsletters, websites
- academics and students: theses*, journal articles.
I specialise in the following services:
Structural editing ~ The big picture
Structural editing looks at your work as a whole and takes into account a range of issues, including:
- the logical flow of ideas
- assessing the document to see if more content needs to be added, rearranged or condensed
- ensuring the tone and level of language is appropriate for your audience, and
- ensuring that all information and arguments are presented clearly.
Copyediting ~ Style and consistency
Copyediting focuses on a narrower range of tasks than structural editing. Here we are getting into the nitty-gritty of correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation and ensuring consistency reigns across your document. If you have a preferred style guide, great! Otherwise, I’m happy to include a personally constructed style sheet for each project I undertake to ensure consistency throughout your manuscript.
Proofreading ~ Quality control
Proofreading is the final stage of the process where the document is checked for accuracy, removing any overlooked spelling and punctuation errors and ensuring it conforms with the specifications outlined in the editing style sheet. It also involves checking that the design and layout guidelines conform to the agreed specifications.
* Please note, according to the Australian Guidelines for editing research theses, editors are able to provide copyediting and proofreading services only.
Don’t just take my word for it. Read testimonials from some of my happy clients.
Contact me TODAY to discuss your editing requirements.